Monday, January 20, 2014

'If I wasnt Fela's son, I would have gone farther than this' - Seun Kuti

The youngest son of Afrobeat legend Fela Anikulapo Kuti and new father Seun Kuti talks about about the limitations his dad's name has brought to his music career....
"I dont believe that being Fela's son has helped my career. Yes I am fela's son. Yes I grew up to love music through him. Most people believe it's easier looking in, when you are out. Everything just seems easier that way. But I keep saying that the fact that I am Fela's son, for me it didn't really help me musically. The fact that I am Fela's son has brought me more stress than good fortune. I believe if I wasn't Fela's son with my amount of talent and what I have been able to achieve, I would have gone far.Read more 

No comments:

Post a Comment